Sunday, March 18, 2018

Upstairs Flooring and Restored Doors

The upstairs flooring is on. The story behind it is this:  I fell so hard for something else. That flooring was engineered hardwood. I wrote about it and showed pictures of it some time ago. But, when it was time to order the flooring and all the numbers were crunched, we decided that one way to save would be to go with less expensive stuff upstairs. This flooring was on clearance at the same place we purchased my dream flooring. 

This is laminate and comes in 7-inch planks. I must admit, when we got home late at night with the truck loaded up and I carried 40 boxes of flooring upstairs all by myself so Rod could get the desperately hungry calves fed, I was having some serious second thoughts about the color. But now that it's installed, I'm really happy with it. It achieves the weathered wood look I was searching for.


















And these doors....ahh.

I've written about the barn that was hit by the tornado, but I haven't said anything about the house. There was a house. It was old. It was taken down on purpose by the previous owners of this property (my in-laws) in order to build a new house. 

Lucky for us and every thanks to my father-in-law, some of the things were salvaged, including these doors. They had several layers of paint. I just got them back from the guy who stripped them for me. And, I just love them. I think the exposed nail heads are so cool. They still need to be sanded but we plan to keep them the natural color. They will be closet doors in the kids' bedrooms and our closet.





That's all for now. 

Thanks for following.

No comments:

Post a Comment